Disciples of the Mist [DM]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Backstab Engineer

2 posters

Go down

Backstab Engineer Empty Backstab Engineer

Post by Oharo Sat Oct 17, 2015 11:29 pm

Okay, first things first. As an Engineer main, I am very happy to see there is a special place on the forum for us 'Engineer fanatics' to share our builds and thoughts.
I'm a rank 80 PvPer and have 500 games (and counting) played as Engineer. So as you can see I have tried many different builds. This is by far my favorite build:

BACKSTAB ENGINEER

Build Link

Weapon:
Since I got the legendary rifle (The Predator) I kind of doomed myself into having to play only rifle Engineer...
Just kidding, rifle is in my opinion the most fun weapon in the game and also the most fitting for this build.

Sigils:
I take Sigil of Battle to increase our might stacks and to get the maximum potential out of our Rune of Strength.
For my 2nd sigil I prefer Sigil of Accuracy to get more crit chance. Because of our trais, our crits will put conditions on our foes. You can replace this with Sigil of Air.

Amulet:
Marauder gives us damage, precision and survivablilty.It's perfect. If you're crazy you can try our Berserker Amulet.

Rune:
Rune of Strength because we work with might. This rune will increase the duration and the effectiveness. Need I say more? Rune of Vampirism is also viable.

Skills:
Healing Turret: Best Engineer heal skill without a doubt.
Grenade Kit: Has an amazing profession skill 'Grenade Barrage'. This is your biggest damage source.
Elixir B: Look at all the boons from this and the 'Toss Elixir B' profession skill... And MIGHT!
Elixir S: Both this and 'Toss Elixir S' can be used to safe stomp enemies or to get out of a bad situation.
Elixir X: Rampage! (tornado is bad), but honestly you don't even have to use this skill. This skill is all about the profession skill you get 'Toss Elixir X' an AOE moa. What is more fun than seeing your enemies run around as a big harmless chicken?

Traits:
Explosives: Improves your grenade kit.
Firearms: They think they survived the burst? Nope, have some conditions. In this traitline our critical hits will also apply conditions and since we're running the Marauder Amulet, we can affort to take 'Pinpoint Distribution' to improve our conditions even more.
Alchemy: This is is the best traitline Engineer has. I can't imagine a build without Alchemy. 'HGH' and 'Alchemical Tinctures' gives you so much extra, it's a crime not to take this.

Video:
TBD (Here I will show you how to do the terrifying backstab combo)

I hope you like this build as much as I do. If you have any questions or comments, feel free.

I love you Engi I love you
Oharo
Oharo

Back to top Go down

Backstab Engineer Empty Re: Backstab Engineer

Post by SamiraGrim Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:03 pm

Could you elaborate on the "Backstab" you speak of, which you mention is a powerful combo?
- Micah

SamiraGrim

Back to top Go down

Post by Oharo Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:45 pm

SamiraGrim wrote:Could you elaborate on the "Backstab" you speak of, which you mention is a powerful combo?
- Micah

I'm gonna make a video to show the combo more clearly.

What you wanna do is:
1. Toss Elixir S to grant stealth so the enemy can't/has a hard time avoiding the combo.
2. Toss Elixir B so you get 5 stacks of stability.
3. Toss Elixir X to turn your foe in a mao with useless skills.
(If it's a Guardian, do 1 Hip Shot before throwing the Elixir X to remove the block and guarantee the moa)
(If it's a Necromancer, Keep the Toss Elixir X and proceed to step 4. You keep it to get him out of death shroud or lich form)

4. Overcharged Shot to launch your foe so you can land your burst damage. Since we got stability from step 2, we won't get knocked back so we can immediatly go to step 5.
5. Grenade Barrage, this is your biggest damage source aka the backstab. Hit this and you win. Miss this and you're doomed.
6. Grenade Kit to finish the job with some grenades + conditions

Hope this is somehow clear enough for now  Very Happy
Oharo
Oharo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum